One of my favorite Disney movies is Princess Diaries. Mia grows up without her father, but receives a gift he prepared for her when she was very young to be presented to her on her 16th birthday. He gives her a piece of advice, wisdom, if you will, that later helps her make some difficult, life changing decisions.
"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. "
Sometimes you just have to do some things that are more scary than you think you can face. The overwhelming feeling to run and hide and continue to live in denial is strong and deceivingly easier to succumb to.
I made a tough decision a few weeks ago. A decision that will change my life and the lives of my children forever. I won't pretend to be a super woman. The path I've chosen to tread is by no means the easy one.
It is not the easy one, but it is the RIGHT one.
Lord, continue to give me the courage to stand by the decision I've made and the courage to do what has to be done. I cannot continue to live, not living at all.